Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Jason Heyward's Appendix

I remember that beautiful day in August when Jason Heyward strolled to the plate for his first ever major league at bat, and did this:


Yep, and at that moment I knew Jason was not a mortal.  Jason Heyward was a God sent to play baseball for the Atlanta Braves and he only does things a baseball God would do.  Such as throw lightning bolts, or eat an entire herd of cattle in one sitting, you know?  Because that's the shit that baseball God's do.

So you can imagine my dismay when I come to find that the image of Jason Heyward I had built up in my mind, doesn't exist.  He is a human?  WTF.

                                                        He certainly doesn't look very human
                                                                             Photo courtesy of danny-wild.com

Yes, Jason Heyward is a human with an appendix and all.  I've been such a fool.

Well, as it is, Jason Heyward is definitely still human, but he actually no longer has an appendix.

I must admit, I'm a little worried about my entire worldview at the moment.  I mean, how could someone watch Jason Heyward smash a home run in his FIRST ever plate appearance, off of the biggest hispanic douchebag in the league (yeah - that's you Carlos Zambrano), and actually think this divine creature has an appendix!?  Or that he would ever have to have it surgically removed from his body, and then miss two weeks (TWO WEEKS?!?!) of game action.

Yeah, so, this is all a lot to take in so I apologize if I don't blog about anything for awhile.... I'm thinking about visiting Jason's birthplace in McDonough to see if I can find anything out about the man (?), the myth, and the legend that is Jason Heyward.

No comments:

Post a Comment